Get Ready for Halloween with These DIY Bamboo Projects
The warm summer temperatures are beginning to cool off and the first leaves of fall are beginning to turn those brilliant & vibrant colors, which means it won’t be long before the first snowflakes start to stream down from the sky here in the Midwest. So, as you break out the ice scrapers, sidewalk salt, and cozy fuzzy blankets, consider these DIY bamboo projects that will highlight your home and kill some time while you’re stuck inside for the next couple of months.
Here at Bamboo Grove, we’re always trying to come up with new & affordable ways to incorporate bamboo into our everyday lives. Whether it’s growing a small bamboo garden in your backyard or simply making some easy swaps from the current products you use to the more durable and versatile bamboo…any way you choose to bring bamboo into your home will help the ongoing fight against climate change.
- String some shorter stalks together with a decorative ribbon and add a few fresh-cut flowers to create a beautiful bamboo bouquet centerpiece.
- Considering the fact that bamboo is incredibly sturdy, it could be used as a stabilizer for any larger Halloween decorations and then covered with whatever type of costume matches your motif.
- Depending on the size of your property, you could use bamboo to design a Halloween-themed mini-maze for the neighborhood trick-or-treaters that visit your house.
- Spruce up your outdoor décor with some strategically-placed bamboo shoots, hay bales, pumpkins, gourds, and other seasonal items that will welcome even the smallest ghouls and goblins.
- Create customized party favors by cutting a piece of bamboo in half and lining it with whatever age-appropriate items you can find – think spooky spiders-on-a-log for the kiddos and perhaps bamboo jello shooters for your grown-up friends.
If perhaps you aren’t quite as crafty as you’d like to be (don’t worry, not all of us were blessed with such skills at birth) then you can use Google as your friend to find the plethora of informative, follow-along videos on the internet for first-time DIYers.
Regardless of which bamboo route you choose to follow, the important thing to remember is that even the smallest changes will have a large, positive impact on global warming, the production & usage of fossil fuels, catastrophic weather events, and the overall health of the Earth.
Few plants offer the strength and beauty that bamboo does. It is truly a plant of emmaculate design.Learn More
We are dedicated to the promotion and use of bamboo throughout the world. Bamboo is a plant that offers limitless potential for the future. It offers us strength, sustainability, versatility, and a green alternative.