Ten Ways Bamboo Can Make You Healthier
From diet pills to air purifiers, people are always looking for a way to make themselves healthier. It's easier to make yourself healthier if you begin using a product that has been around for millennia, the bamboo plant. This woody grass is not only good outside your body but eating the shoots are good for inside your body as well and can help you stay healthy, or improve your overall health. Ten ways that bamboo can make you healthier include:
- No allergic reaction - Many people are allergic to natural fibers, such as wool. Bamboo has had the smallest number of allergic reactions with people, barely having any.
- Wicks away moisture - By wicking away moisture from skin, the wet skin doesn't have time to build up any bacterial colonies and also keeps from developing the rashes that wet skin can develop when irritated.
- Anti-bacterial - Bamboo is aggressively anti-bacterial. It has a natural property called bamboo kun that kills up to 70% of any bacteria attempting to incubate on the bamboo, be it in its natural form or fabric.
- Deodorizing - In today's world, people use more and more chemicals to ensure that they will smell pleasant to others. A way to overcome this is to take advantage of the deodorizing properties of bamboo in your clothing.
- Breathable - Healthy skin can't be confined inside tight clothing all the time. This can lead to rashes and other skin problems. Bamboo fabric is breathable; it doesn't cling to the skin even when the wearer is sweating profusely.
- Sustains temperature - Bamboo fabric is amazing in that it sustains a temperature fairly well. It keeps people cool when it's warm, and warm when it's colder out, and a normal body temperature is important for good health.
- Circulation - According to Salts Organic Clothing, bamboo fabric can actually be good for your circulation. Bamboo molecules absorb energy from the atmosphere, and then transfer them into energy for your body, promoting cell activation and good circulation.
- Blocks ultraviolet rays - The reason many beach cover ups are being made with bamboo is because bamboo naturally blocks the harmful ultraviolet rays from the sun. This is important for healthy skin, especially for children and women who are pregnant.
- Low in fat - According to the Washington State Extension Service Brochure, bamboo shoots have been found to be low in fat and calories, which people are always concerned with when trying to eat healthy.
- High in nutrients - Bamboo shoots are also good for you because they are an excellent source of two nutrients that human bodies really need, fiber, and potassium. One serving of bamboo shoots can provide 10% of the fiber a human needs a day.
All of these reasons are great examples of why bamboo makes a person healthier. But don't just take our word for it, go out and find some bamboo sheets or a t-shirt, or have a healthy serving of bamboo shoots. You'll be feeling healthy in no time.